In 2016 the GISB Board of Trustees initiated the GISB Merit Award, an annual award honoring academic excellence, extracurricular activities and community service.
Applications are accepted from GISB students in grades 9 and higher. The award comes with a certificate and a tuition reduction of $5,000 for the upcoming school year. The next application deadline is April 30, 2018.
GISB Merit Award Winners to date:
2016 – 2017: Amanda Lucius
2017 – 2018: Anna Dechantsreiter, Jens Feugmann (Honorable Mention)
2018 – 2019: Dominik Bohnet-Zurcher
- GISB students in good standing grades 9 and higher
- Academic excellence
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
Students are expected to submit an essay (not more than 2 pages) that speaks to their strength, achievements, goals and dedication. Two letters of recommendations in support are also requested.
- Head of School
- GISB teacher
- Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Additional Board member or community member determined by the Board of Trustees
- Head of the Parent Council
- External College Admission Officer
The Board is committed to offering the GISB Merit Award annually based on the submission of competitive applications.