German International School Boston hosts an exceptional group of exchange students every year in grades 9 through 12. Students join GISB from Germany and from the global network of German Schools Abroad. International students contribute to the cultural and social diversity of our Upper School, making GISB a better place. In return, ISP students get to experience the supportive and resource-rich environment of an American private school in the heart of Boston, while remaining on track with studies back home thanks to our German curriculum.
The International Student Program is a key initiative in our Upper School and a crucial component of our mission: empowering students for success in a global world. For school year 2021-2022 we are accepting full school year applications (grades 9-12) and first semester applications (grade 9 and 10). Apply now!
Virtual Information Session:
Join us on one of the following dates for a virtual Information Session. Meet our International Student Program Manager, Susanne Friedman, and learn all about ISP and GISB in general. Please click here to register for one of the information sessions. The Zoom link will be sent to all registrants on the day of the event.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 12:00 PM EST
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 | 12:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 | 12:00 PM EST
How does it work?
There are several steps to becoming an exchange student at German International School Boston:
- Join one of the virtual Information Sessions or contact Susanne Friedman for more information.
- Submit an online application (the non-refundable application fee is $50) .
- An academic assessment will help determine if GISB is a good academic fit.
- Next, the International Student Program Manager and the Upper School Coordinator meet with each qualified applicant in an online interview to learn about the applicant’s independence, maturity, and approach to new people and experiences.
- Finally, GISB will make the enrollment decision (accept, deny, waitlist). If accepted, the School will initiate enrollment, the visa application process, and search for a host family match.
Take the next step
To be considered, please submit your ISP application, along with your report cards of the last three years, your Academic Transcript/Belegungsliste* signed by the Head of Upper School, three recommendation forms, a copy of your passport and birth certificate. There is a non-refundable $50 fee per application. To request more information, please email email@example.com.
* Please note that we require students wishing to apply for 10th grade to have had at least two years of French or Spanish. We unfortunately do not offer Latin or Italian at GISB.
ISP Admission Timeline — Round One
|Application||Admission Notification||Enrollment Agreement & Deposit|
|by February 1, 2021||February 15, 2021||March 1, 2021|
Early applications are strongly encouraged. Space is limited and we cannot guarantee enrollment. Applications received after February 1, 2021 will be considered based on availability and are subject to the following schedule and fees.
ISP Admission Timeline — Round Two
|Application||Admission Notification||Enrollment Agreement & Deposit*|
|February 2 – March 15, 2021||March 22, 2021||April 1, 2021|
ISP Admission Timeline — Round Three
|Application||Admission Notification||Enrollment Agreement & Deposit*^|
|rolling after March 15, 2021||within four weeks||upon notification of acceptance|
* Enrollment Agreements and Deposits submitted between March 2 and April 1, 2021 will be subject to a $200 administrative fee.
^ Enrollment Agreements and Deposits submitted after April 1, 2021 will be subject to a $500 administrative fee due to time constraints regarding host families and visa requirements.
Please note that spots cannot be held until both the Enrollment Agreement and Deposit have been received.
2021 – 2022 Tuition (International Student Program)
|Full Year||One Semester|