We offer a Fast Track for students entering GISB in grades 3 – 6!
Do you have a curiosity about or connection to Germany, but your child doesn’t read (or even speak) any German? Are you seeking an independent school learning environment, with small classes, dedicated teachers, and unique opportunities? By enrolling in GISB’s German Fast Track Program, your child will participate in Germany’s challenging academic curriculum after a year or less of intensive language support.
GISB’s Fast Track:
- is engaging and intensive
- is designed and taught by experienced master educators
- prepares students to participate in GISB’s regular bilingual curriculum
- involves one full day each week of German instruction, and one-on-one or very small group support in regular GISB classes
- is tailored to your child’s individual strengths
The focus of the Fast Track is your child’s German language skill
GISB partners with you and your child to advance their academic and social abilities across a range of skills and subjects. Math, science, English, the arts, and physical education are all part of your Fast Track experience. Through a rigorous and exciting German language program combined with supported participation in a regular classroom, your child can form close friendships and enjoy their favorite subjects while working steadily on German fluency.
Strong applicants are:
- eager to tackle the challenge of an intensive language-learning experience
- curious about the world and the people around them
- able to demonstrate above-average academic potential and achievement
- part of a family that looks forward to participation in GISB’s active and friendly community
Please be aware that the Fast Track program only runs if the minimum number of participants has been met each year.
The Fast Track application deadline is February 28, 2017. Admission to GISB is selective and along with our regular admission requirements, the Fast Track requires some additional information. Please contact Marion Goodwin, Director of Admission & Enrollment, for more information or with questions about the application process.